Friday 16 June 2017

Taurox Prime progress

GW has refined the detail on its minis. This is a good thing but with the Taurox Prime it it has been impossible to hinge any of the doors to allow viewing of the interior after the mini has been assembled. I tried drilling through the hinges on the rear doors with the finest hand drill drill bit but to no avail. It wouldn't have been possible to thread a wire through anyway. So here is the painted interior probably in its last glimpse of the world.






And here it is all put together for painting.


Have to say I wasn't entirely sure about the wheels but now I have to say it looks much better than I had thought. The wheel hubs indicate where the unit will be deployed - with the steel legion on Armageddon to fight Orks. Colour scheme will follow that of the other vehicles with the Steel Legion:-


3 comments:

Zzzzzz said...

Excellent ! I do think that the original track units look stoopid.

Artificer said...

Thanks, I do agree that it looks much better with wheels.

Mordian7th said...

Lovely! I agree that the wheeled Taurox definitely looks better than the funky quad-tracks the kit comes with. Good stuff!