Saturday 18 December 2010

A Discovery - working with green stuff

The Belismite Chem Dogs masks and hoses are made from green stuff. This is my first attempt to add to minis with green stuff as opposed to filling in gaps. There are four squads of Belismites. The 4th is in the process of finishing, I have always found it difficult to manage the green stuff as it always prefers to stick to my fingers or the GW sculpting tool rather than the model, even when using water to reduce that stickiness. Too much water and it does not stick to anything. Today I discovered the easy way to stick a tube of green stuff to a mounting and shortly  after have a bond sufficiently strong that the tube can be bend, and manoeuvred to fix the other end correctly - use super glue to stick it to the first position and then the next. Any one else found this ?


Soon I hope the full Belismite platoon will be finished, part of Lord Commissar Belismite's private army.

No comments: